A green juice is keeping my family going. Every morning I turn on my juicer and make green blend that makes us all buzz for the rest of the day- so nutritious and super tasty.
Facts about juicing:
- A juice is digested immediately as there is little fibre left. The digestive system has to do little effort for the goodness of the juice to enter your blood stream.
- All the nutrients and vitamins are captured for the body to utilise.
- Jucing is thought to enhance your bodies mineral absorption as it liberate the mineral from the fibre where it is bound.
- Great way of getting all you 5-a day in one glass!
- Be careful with juicing fruits as it often can become loaded with sugar.
Facts about greens:
- Greens are filled with chlorophyll ( the green pigment in plants). We need the chlorophyll…. The fresh chlorophyll from plants is fat soluble, and is far better (can produce haemoglobin and red blood cells) than the dried water soluble you get in health food store (who can not ).
- High mineral content especially calcium
- 2cm stick ginger (fresh), place in juicer
- 3-5 leaves Kale, place in juicer
- ½ Cucumber
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon, peeled, and then insert into juicer
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1 handfull parsely
- 1 tablespoon apple cider, mix with juice afterwards
- 1 tablespoon chlorella superfood powder, mix with juice afterwards
- ½ avokado, blend in juice afterwards
- Wash all veggies well
- Insert veggis into juicer
- Add apple cider vinegar and superfood powder. If adding avocado, mix with hand held blender
- Drink it.Feel it!
Drink straight away as many of the nutrients deplete when exposed to air and light.