This Nutritious Chocolate Mousse recipe is my ultimate favourite desert for a dinner party. I have probably served this one 10 times as it is easy and always delivers. It is so delicious, simple, healthy and far away from traditional. It is raw too. The avocado and coconut oil gives the dessert a creamy texture, with a very healthy twist. No one around the dinner table would ever guess that avocado is the main ingredients.
- Raw cacao operates as an antioxidant and have hight nutrient content; who says chocolate is unhealthy… ps. Cacao nibs contains cacao, just more crunchy.
- Avocado: A true ‘super-food’. High in beneficial fatty acids, high in antioxidants like lycopene and beta-carotene; making avocado an anti-inflammatory agent; balancing blood sugar levels; with anti-cancerous properties; and is said to be beneficial for cardiovascular disease.
- Coconut oil has antibacterial properties, good for gut health, boost immune system and is a great source for energy. what more can you ask for? Virgin kinds are preferable.
What a perfect combo for a dinner party…no more hangover:) Just beautiful skin.
Note: if spirulina is used, the colour of the mousse will change.
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 avocado
- 2 tbsp water
- 5 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp freedom or maple syrup
- 1 tsp spirulina ( optional)
- 3 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp orange peel
- 1 punnet berries
- Mix all mousse ingredients in food processor for a few minutes until smooth and creamy
- Mix in orange peel, nibs and blueberries
- Place in the fridge for 30 min.