This crumble-free, gluten-free, dairy-free bread is finally here. This bread is scandi-style, being wholemeal, brown and fibrous. I am trying to replicate my childhood memories of freshly baked bread after play time. I have just moved the location to London rather than Oslo and removed the gluten of course.
I have to admit I have had a few trial and errors of vegan and gluten-free bread baking, this crumble free bread has meant no more sweeping the floor after family breakfast.
I have posted a gluten-free, dairy free bread before, but that recipe has eggs in it. So here is the vegan and allergy-free alternative.
I am in love with my bread maker, and often give thanks to its creator for the provision of our daily bread. It has a timer, so the bread is nice and warm for breakkie. With Selma being intolerant to gluten, a home made bread is necessary if we are to stay out of overdraft. Plus the gluten-free breads at the store have very little nutrients and fibre.
Over the last few months I have worked on a 5-7 min bread making time slot, and now it is hard to go back to anything else.
Please let me know what you think.
- Wet ingredients:
- 1 cup lukewarm dairy free milk ( I use coconut milk or almond milk)
- 1.5 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil - I use avocado oil or coconut oil
- Other ingredients:
- 5 tbs chia seeds
- 2-3 tbs flaxmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- Dry ingredients:
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ baking soda
- 1 tsp arrowroot( optional)
- 2 tsp coconut sugar, honey or maple syrup
- ⅓ cup buckwheat flower
- ⅓ cup oat-flour (gluten-free)
- 2 cups gluten-free brown bread-mix
- ¼ cup quinoa flakes (optional)
- Mix the wet ingredients first, place in bread maker
- Add chia seeds and flaxmeal. Let it stand for a few minutes, so the seeds soak up the liquid
- Mix in the dry ingredients
- I turn the bread maker on the gluten-free program and it is ready after a short 2 hours.
- Allow to cool
- Eat and enjoy
- Alternatively - bake bread in the oven:
- Let the mix rise for 30-45 min.
- Turn the oven on 180 degrees Celsius
- Bake for 60 min.
- Allow to cool