Simple green curry paste Everyone needs some curry paste cubes in their freezer. Turmeric, cumin, coriander, garlic gives great flavour for a mariande for fish, chicken or vegetables, or as a base for a curry. When life catches up on us, you might feel rushed, tiered, but would also like to eat something tasty and super easy without too many dishes or preparation time. – These green curry paste cubes will be your answer. The paste is perfect for any Asian inspired dish.
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tsp shrimp paste or 1 tbs fish sauce
- 2 red chillies
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 5 tbs of water or coconut milk
- handful of coriander
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or dark brown sugar
- Put all ingredients into blender or foodprocessor.
- Whizz it.
- Store in ice-cub tray in the freezer for a rainy day
- Cumin has a high content of iron and manganese. It is used as an digestive aid as it stimulates digestives enzymes. Several research also suggested it is an antioxidant, potential effectual in cancer fighting (liver and stomach). Other studies indicates it is helpful in balancing blood sugar.Garlic boost our immune system by stimulating white blood cell production. It also can assist in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels and prevents platelets aggravation.
- Turmeric is traditionally used for liver and gallbladder disorders, however it is considered a wonder herb by many modern herbalists. Research shows that it stimulates cortisol receptor causing it to reduce inflammation in the body. It is also a strong antioxidant.